Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Have yourself a Grimm little Christmas.



There really is no feeling like walking into a comic shop and seeing a bunch of copies of something that you wrote.

I spent my morning finishing up my last bit of grading. I handed in all my stuff, signed a contract for next semester, bullshitted with some final few dedicated students were were still hanging around, and finally left the building. As I do every Wednesday, I headed for Cosmic Comics, my local shop. Today, however, was particularly exciting, because my Grimm Fairy Tales issue hit stands this morning.

Here's a preview of the issue, courtesy of Comic Book Realm.

Limited edition Zenescope.com exclusive covers
The Belinda cover (LEFT) is limited to 100 copies at $75 each
The Sela cover (RIGHT) is limited to 500 copies at $15 each


I wrote this year's Grimm Fairy Tales: Holiday Special, and I think it came out really nicely. It's a modern take on Dickens' A Christmas Carol - yep, not one of the original Grimm tales, but it features three major characters from the GFT universe. Those characters were all really cool to play with, and the story itself - which stands 100% on its own - was a blast to write. It's a horror comic, complete with ghosts (obviously) and monsters and creepy ass dead kids, but it's also very much a love story. I hope that you read it, and I hope that you like it.

You can purchase the issue at your local comic shop or any online comics retailer. It's available for discounted digital download for three bucks here!

Happy holidays! My weekly comic book reviews will be back on track tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment