Friday, April 27, 2012

Kickstarter: Zenescope's GRIMM FAIRY TALES: THE ANIMATED SERIES


It's the eleventh hour. Four days left until Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales: The Animated Series Kickstarter is either funded or not funded. The goal is $175,000 and they're currently at $148,573. That's a giant number, but it needs to be a bit beefier before this project gets greenlit. Take a second to click on the link and read up on it.

All caught up? Good.


Okay, so I know what you're thinking. Of course I'm saying support the Zenescope Kickstarter. Zenescope pays me to write comic books that I'd be reading even if I were involved in the process at all. I will say this, though - I am not even slightly involved in the Grimm Fairy Tales Animated Series project. I found out about it when you did. I donated my money and I have been promoting it because I want it to happen. It's a show I want to see. It's good for Grimm Fairy Tales as a series. It's good for Zenescope.

It's good for independent comics.

If people watch and like the series, they'll seek out the comics. They'll go into the comic shop specifically for non-Big Two titles - and that's what initially brought me into the shop. Looking for Angel comics from IDW. Now, my pull list has grown and I make it a point to support indie comics over and above all else. I believe this series will get more people into the comic shop the same way The Walking Dead has, and I like that. I like that as a comic book writer and I love that as a comic book fan.

So if you have a few extra dollars, consider throwing it toward this Kickstarter.

If you have $100 and choose to send it toward the Kickstarter, I will send you a signed copy of every Zenescope comic I do this year, starting in June. I've already got a bunch on deck. I'll offer this to five people who support the Kickstarter with new donations of $100 or more. You can message me on Tumblr, Twitter, or Facebook - or you can leave a comment with your contact info here. Send me a screenshot of your Kickstarter confirmation, and we'll start talking!*

*This is in addition to the rewards that Zenescope itself offers.

No comments:

Post a Comment