Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Misadventures of Olive Sukkin

Sometimes, things happen.

In early 2009, my play Soft Serve was accepted into the Shhh... Let's Talk About Sex festival of plays. When I came to attend the festival, I met producer Kimberlyn Crawford.

In mid 2009, I attended my friend Dennis A. Allen's play, Real Estate. Kimberlyn also attended. We spoke, and she said she was working on a festival for women playwrights.

As a very politically correct man, I thought "that's wonderful." In a darker, more prominent fold of my brain, I thought, "Nah, fuck that, I'm writing a play and sending it to her."

Sometimes, following dark impulses can get you to decent places.

Kimberlyn and I had a bunch of meetings, the play I sent was reworked, and... Well, in short, so far, we've had two staged readings of The Misadventures of Olive Sukkin and a full production is in the works.

Now, I'm just waiting to hear more details. Wish the production luck.

Here's the site.

http://olivesukkin.com/olivesukkin.comb.html

No comments:

Post a Comment